New Wave Swim Buoy for Open Water Swimmers and Triathletes - Light and Visible Float for Safe Training and Racing - Fluo Yellow-Green
by New Wave Swim Buoy
Visibility in Open Water. The brightly-colored New Wave Swim Buoy is exceptionally noticeable to boaters, jet skis, paddlers, surfers and some say, can be visible from space. Improve your visibility to avoid getting decapitated by a jet ski or a speed boat.
Swimmers in black wetsuits are virtually invisible in the open water - New Wave Swim Buoy will display your prominently in the murky waters of the Loch Ness Lake - even the Loch Ness Monster will not confuse you for a tasty harbour seal.
• Safe Place to Float and Rest. Because of the natural buoyancy, the New Wave Swim buoy can be used as a flotation device. You have reassurance that in case you cramp up or simply need rest, you are able to grab the float.
• Very light to bring with you on a paddle board or kayak trip. While the New Wave Swim Buoy does not replace personal floatation device (PFD) or a swim life vest, widely used by kayakers and standup paddle boarders (SUP's), the New Wave Swim Buoy is very lightweight (only 10 oz) to bring along for a refreshing swim workout in the open water. Add a bike blinker inside the float and your aqua-visibility quadruples or maybe even quintuples!
• Storage of Personal Items. The New Wave Swim Buoy is useful in point to point swims. Fastened to your waist by a belt with a tether line, the New Wave Swim Buoy has a storage compartment that is separate from the Inflatable Air Chamber. What do our athletes put in the buoy? Sunglasses, sunscreen, body glide, extra cap and goggles, running shoes, socks and clothes, diving mask, snorkel, camera, water shoes, iPod… What would you take with you on a water-journey?
• Improved Monitoring of Athletes. If you want to keep an eye on your buddies or loved ones, or make sure that other swimmers are still in the race, spectators, officials, and lifeguards alike will appreciate the ability to see the swimmers from afar. If you put your cell phone in a Ziploc bag, you can have your phone sharing your GPS location via MapMyRun or RunKeeper or Garmin Connect apps too to track exactly how far you swam AND to broadcast your location in the water.
New Wave Swim Buoy - Trusted Companion For Open Water Swimmers!
The New Wave Swim Buoy is a lightweight inflatable float used by swimmers and triathletes in the open water. The New Wave Swim Buoy is offered in FOUR bright colors – NEON GREEN, YELLOW, PINK and ORANGE – providing visibility for a swimmer around boats and other watercraft.
Attached to the waist with a nylon web belt, New Wave Swim Buoy is pulled behind the swimmer, and can also be used to float or rest. The New Wave Swim Buoy contains a compartment separate from the inflation chamber for storage of personal items (snacks, wallet, keys, spare goggles, cell phone, camera, etc.).
The New Wave Swim Buoy provides:
• Visibility in the open water
• A safe place to float/rest while swimming
• A separate compartment to store personal items
If you are an avid ocean, sea, lake or river swimmer, we strongly encourage you to check out this safety device.
INSTRUCTION FOR USE - SWIM BUOY WITH DRYBAG
Open the main dry compartment to store any personal items.
Pack your items as far as possible, and make sure not to put any sharp objects in the main compartment.
Unscrew the mouth-piece cap and inflate the air compartment.
Tighten the cap to prevent air escaping. Before swimming, ensure there is no leakage by submerging the New Wave Swim Buoy.
Fold over the blue strip four (4) to five (5) times and attach the buckle.
Do NOT place your cell phone or electronics into the dry bag compartment without a waterproof case AND flotation “bobbers” (often used for boat keys) designed to keep your items afloat if accidentally dropped in the open water.
Put the belt around your waist and adjust so that it fits tightly.
When you begin to swim, ensure the New Wave Swim Buoy is in the back, so it may float behind you.
Rest during your swim.
If you cramp and need to rest during your swim, float on the New Wave Swim Buoy.
To deflate, unscrew the cap and allow the air to escape from the buoy.
Rinse with fresh water, air dry and store in a cool, dry place. Do NOT dry or store in direct sunlight.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION - New Wave Swim Buoy
New Wave Swim Buoy is a Swimming Safety Float and a Trusted Companion for Open Water Swimmers.
New Wave Swim Buoy is Brightly colored, lightweight, inflatable flotation device with a waist belt that visibly floats behind a swimmer in open bodies of water, making the swimmer more visible to lifeguards, boaters and other open water vehicles.
New Wave Swim Buoy can also be used as a flotation device, or to calm distressed swimmers.
New Wave Swim Buoy will not interfere with swimming, and now it is no longer necessary to leave valuables behind on the beach. A dry pouch on one side holds smaller items such as a wallet and keys in the medium size, or larger items, shoes and clothing.
New Wave Swim Buoy is excellent for open water swimmers, triathletes, or anyone else who would benefit from added confidence in the water
Style Name: Fluo Green PVC 15L
Product Dimensions: 10 x 1 x 7.5 inches ; 9.9 ounces
Shipping Weight: 11.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies on Amazon)
Item model number: BUOY-15L-PVC-Neon-Green
Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars, 69 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #95,275 in Sports & Outdoors, #39 in Aquatic Exercise Equipment